We started out Hallie's birthday with peek-a-boo eggs for breakfast, per Hallie's request.
Then she got to open a couple of presents. High heeled shoes, oh my. One pair was almost too small so she decided to wait to wear them and go exchange them for a bigger pair later. When we went to trade them they didn't have any more but she found an even better pair that she had been wanting, yes they were "high heeled" too.
It was mom's day for co-op preschool so we decided to make a party out of it and go on a field trip to the zoo! It was lots of fun. We had a picnic lunch and cupcakes while we were there. We also saw the new Africa exhibit and now they have lions and giraffes!!
After the zoo, Hallie and mom went to Monkey Dooz (there is a separate post about this) for Hallie's birthday makeover, then we came home and had yet another celebration. This time with all the cousins, grandparents, aunts, and uncles. She opened more presents and we had cake and ice cream.
Hallie requested a Hula girl cake. So with mom's planning and designing and dad's artistic ability we came up with this.
Happy 6th Birthday Hallie! We sure do love you.
10 things we love about you
1. Your beautiful eyes
2. Your generosity. You share everything with everybody
3. Your deep sultry voice
4. Your passion for anything girly
5. Your love for your brother and sisters
6. The good example and friend you are to Stella
7. You can be friends with anyone
8. The fact that you came into this world with a frown, it was just so darn funny
9. Your strong will
10. Your desire for a clean room, even though your roomate is far from being neat